Personal growth and development throughout the life span.
People Solution’s focus is…
The application of mental health, psychological, or human development principles through cognitive, affective, behavioral and systemic intervention strategies that address wellness, psychopathology, general sense of contentment, career development, and quality of life.
Solution focused, requiring advanced knowledge in the field of counseling psychology founded on the premise that all Professional Counselors must first meet the requirements for practice in the State of Oregon.
- Trauma & PTSD
- EMDR Level II Certification
- Motivational Interviewing & Behavior Modification
- Performance Enhancement
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (irrational and self-defeating thinking errors)
- Solution Focused Therapy (used in Employee Assistance Programs)
- Engaging men in the process of counseling
- Mankind Project Pacific Northwest
- Military Veteran issues (extensive veteran experience)
- Employee & Workplace issues (EAP)
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Issues (Communication)
- Anxiety / Panic / Fear
- Addictions or Substance Abuse
- Domestic Abuse or Violence
- Geriatric matters
- Grief & loss
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Spiritual and Religious exploration
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Behavioral Health Systems
- [Regence] BlueCross BlueShield
- Cascade Centers EAP
- Dimensions EAP
- First Choice Health
- Health Net & MHN(Managed Health Network<)/li>
- Magellan Behavioral Health & EAP
- Morneau Shepell
- Oregon Health Systems (Workman's Comp)
- Providence & Pacific Behavioral Health
- Samaritan Choice Plans
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance (Veteran's Choice Program)
- Veteran's Administration (Purchased care) * or inquire...
People Solution’s focus is…
My priority is my client's comfort and perception of safety. With a humanistic foundation I ascribe to an Adlerian theory that emphasizes on the uniqueness of: lifestyle, self- image, early recollections/ contextual influences, social factors, parental behavior/family roles, and situational adjustment. I do contract work for the VA and specialize in trauma (PTSD). Influenced by Dr. Bill Miller in Motivational Interviewing I utilize these skills in many counseling applications. I possess EMDR certification Level II training. EMDR can produce phenomenal results. I practice Solution-Focused counseling as personally explained by Jeffery Guterman. People are smart and very special.
Trauma, a complex diagnosis, produces substantial stress. Traumatic events can affect many facets of a lifestyle. Flashbacks, sleep disturbance, guilt, and anger are alleviated through re-experiencing the psychological horror in a safe place. Without proper processing persistent avoidance, and increased arousal erode quality of life. Get help; you're not crazy!
I believe I may be the only male Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice located in east Linn County at this time. I specialize in engaging men in the process of counseling and stay current in men's issues, the psychology of men, and the role of men in their families. I support the ManKind Project.”